Wednesday, June 15, 2016

ANOTHER SNEAK PEAK! Christ Walk Kids is Coming Soon!

It is getting closer and closer to the moment where Christ Walk Kids will be released.  I am so stinking excited for my next project.  :)

Here is another excerpt from from Day 22 of the book to share with you and your kids!



Day 22: Take Care of Your Friends

Biblical Big Idea: He denounces his friends for gain, and his children’s eyes fail. ––Job 17:5


We are supposed to love our neighbors as ourselves. Our friends are our neighbors. Our friends, especially ones we click with for a lifetime, will be those that hold us up through the storms of life. My friends are my “posse.” They are the people I talk to when I am not sure what my problems are and to see how they have handled similar situations. My friends have my back. We jokingly call this, “We are Groot.” Groot, from Guardians of the Galaxy, takes care of his friends. Groot wraps his friends in his deep roots to protect them from danger. Groot also comes back to life because his roots are strong and his relationships with his friends go deep. Groot has his friends’ backs. Together, the Guardians are far stronger than if they were acting apart. 
To have good friends, you first need to be a good friend. Good friends build you up. They do not tear you down. Similarly, you should build your friends up. Help them make good decisions, just as you are learning to make good decisions. Be each others Groot. Groot is strong because his roots grow deep. Your friendship will grow strong as your roots grow deep with each other. Friends can last a lifetime if they are the right friends. They are the sorts of people that you can pick up a conversation with after ten years, and it is as though the initial conversation never ended. Lifetime friends are those whose love continues to grow no matter how far apart they may be.  Lifetime friends are God's gift to us. Your friends should not lead you down a path of self-destruction. If your “friends” are urging you to do things that do not show love to yourself, the people around you, or your parents, they are not real friends. Friends love one another.
Taking care of our friends shows the covenant of God’s love for us with one another. It shows love to ourselves, to one another, and to the world around us. Having good friends and being a good friend teaches us the discipline of how we should treat other people. Good friends show forgiveness, kindness, support, love, and caring. These are all things we should be cultivating not only for our friends and family but also for everyone around us.

Things to think about:
1.      How am I a good friend?
2.      Do I have a good friend?
3.      What do I think makes my friendships special?
4.      Do I talk with my friends about God? Would I like to?

No comments:

Post a Comment