Monday, August 18, 2014

Where have I been???

Lord have mercy!  It has been almost two months since I have posted a blog.  I am hanging my head in shame.  WHERE have I been?  I have been asking myself that question a lot lately.  Where is the time going? Where did the month of July go?  Where did the month of August go?  School?  School is starting?  Where did summer go?  We are talking about moving again????

Without fail, life happens.  It is one of my phrases to describe my life.  It just happens some days.  I do not have to do much these days but watch as it unfolds since I have my hands in the thick of so many activities.  Without fail, I usually over-extend myself and my head begins to spin.  I am much like any other mother out there. Sometimes we need a mother of our own to keep up with what we have managed to get ourselves involved in.

So what is new?  I ran my race:











We traveled like crazy people (but we got to hike, exercise, see the God's amazing world and do burpees along the way!)

(I did this burpee challenge this summer to keep myself committed to exercise during the craziness of my schedule.  You can ready more about the 100 day burpee challenge here.  I don't advise it.  This is the second time I've done it and I'm really not sure why I did it again.  I'm a glutton for punishment.




I then traveled for work. And then spent the next couple of weeks trying to resolve some health issues.  Just when you think you have your body in shape and in control, it has other ideas.  The body is WEIRD.


Then I celebrated my 16th anniversary to my love:


Somehow, we got the kids ready for school:




And I completely redesigned my blog, my facebook page and my twitter account in anticipation of the new book release (so excited!  Fist pump!)



You can pre-order it here.


This is kind of how I feel now:


But it has been an amazing summer and I am getting back in the swing of things and ready to share my thoughts, feelings and teachings on a healthy, Christ-centered life: mind, body and spirit.

If there is anything this summer has taught me is that it is a balance of mind, body and spiritual health that gets me through the craziness of life happening.  This way, it's more than just a ride, It's an expression of all that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment