Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lent vs Christmas

Lent is not like Christmas. People drag their feet towards lent rather than the eager count down to Christ's birth.   Lent reminds people that they need to change. While the gift of Christ is freely given, it comes at a cost. The cost of the crucifixion. The crucifixion is also freely given, yet it reminds us that we need to be better people to honor the gift of death in order that we might have life ever lasting. 

When I was growing up, I used to say Christmas was my favorite holiday. My father would always say that Good Friday and Easter were his. This always made me scratch my head. 

As  I have gown older, the gift of Easter grows each year and I have come to think of it as my favorite holiday. I use the Lenten period to prepare myself mind, body and spirit to receive the gift of God and strengthen my skills to use myself in Gods calling in my life. 

Lent is not something to drag one's heels. Rather, look with anticipation the coming journey and the change God can make within you. At the. End if this forty days. You WILL be a changed person. 

Christ Walk with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment