Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Power of Belief


The Power of Belief 

Boy.  It's been a long time since I wrote!  The older I get, the faster time flies.

But I wanted to take the time to discuss belief.  Believing in someone, something or some goal is empowering.  I believe in collective belief.  Many people believing is awesome.  It brings energy and power to a situation that might not be there.  Telling someone you believe in them means all the world to your goals and expectations in life.

Let's start with belief in my life.

I believe in God.  I am empowered that others believe in God.  I believe that I have a purpose here and that God has me in this place in my life for a reason.  I believe that God believes in me.  I believe that God believes in all of us.  We all have a purpose and a call.

My mother believed in me.  She believed that I could be a nurse, even with a hearing impairment.  In fact, I cannot think of a time that my mother has not believed in me.  My mother has always, ALWAYS believed that I could do anything I put my mind to.  She is never surprised when I am successful, rather, she always tells me she knew I would be successful.

My husband believes in me.  He supports me through this writing journey.  He supports me in my goals.  He believes that I am a good wife, mother, friend and colleague and therefore he empowers me to be even better because of his belief in me.

I have people who believed in my writing and were not afraid to say something about it.  Their belief lifted me up when I wasn't sure I was writing the right thing, doing it the right way, or just wasting people's time with my thoughts, coaching and verbosity.  Their belief in me is paying off in a big way now.

I believed in myself.  I believed that I could change my health habits to overcome illness.  I believed that if I just stuck with a plan, I could run farther than I had before.  I believed that if I just practiced, I could lift more weight than I thought. I believed that if I made changes one step at a time, that eventually I would get there.  I believed that if I did not try, nothing at all would happen....

I have learned that belief is powerful.  Ask the cancer patient if they want people to believe they can overcome this illness and get into remission, or if they would rather have people believe that they have a terminal illness.  They will say they want you to believe that they can live and defeat their cancer.  Ask someone that has had a spinal cord injury if they want you to believe they can walk again.  They want you to believe that it's possible.  Ask a parent that has lost a child if they want you to believe that their child is in a better place, at peace and without pain.  They want you to believe their child has life everlasting.  These are things I believe. Belief brings powerful energy to a situation.

Sometimes, you need to tell people that you believe in them.  Words are a powerful way to share your belief energy with a friend or loved one.  Belief in someone can lift them up.  Belief can transform their self-doubt into self-actualization.  As a Christian, I express my belief through prayer.  Different people will do this in different ways, and that's ok.  It's far more important that you do believe than not.

For my friends that have goals that you have shared with me, I believe in you!

For those who have believed in me, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment