Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 11: 10/17/2014

It's three o'clock in the morning. I cannot seem to sleep. I think I've mentioned it before but I really cannot stand hospitals or doctors as a patient. It's a terrible irony for me though that I love working in the healthcare field. And for all that I hate being in a hospital, my care has been fantastic. 

Yesterday was a day is prefer not to repeat any time soon. The bone marrow biopsy was a breeze thanks to sedation. My appendectomy was a breeze I'm assuming as it's no longer there. 

It's the recover period that bites. They told me I got sick between procedures, although I have no memory of it. All I recall was awakening in excruciating pain and getting sick. It took forever for them to get it under control. My body simply does not like anesthesia. 

I have new respect for my friends that had c-sections. You cannot laugh, sneeze or cough without excruciating pain.  And I find it ironic that just two weeks ago I wrote on loving your body, scars and all as the blueprint of your life on your skin. I've got dive new one's to embrace with my lot. No bikinis this year. 

But through it all I've been lifted by people I know and don't know. I've felt the prayers from around the world. I am wrapped in a prayer shall from the ladies in my church. I have Episcopalians, Catholics, Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Baptists, a Buddhist and my Jewish friends praying over me. Illness is the great eccumenical event.   I'm not picky where the prayers are coming from. I know Hod hears them all. 

And I am wrapped in care. Now, begins the road to recovery from step 1. Step 2 in this cancer process will bring a whole new set of experiences and prayers and trials that I'll share. But for now, I feel like I've made it through a big one. 

Cannot say thank you enough to all of you who are helping a long the way. 

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment